INDIAN DANCE AND MUSIC COURSES
In affiliation with
SRI PADMAVATI MAHILA VISVAVIDYALAYAM
Tirupati, Andhra Pradesh, India
(Accredited by NAAC with “A” Grade)
Curriculum was carefully designed keeping in mind the lifestyle and academic workload of US kids.
Academic credits from a reputed University in India
Continue pursuing your passion with your Guru
Continuous support to gurus and students with learning material for theory and practical exams
TANA is pleased to announce that it has partnered with the renowned Sri Padmavati Mahila Visvavidyalayam (SPMVV), Tirupati, AP, India, to offer advanced diploma courses in Dance and Music.
SPMVV (University for Women) is a reputed University from India supported by the UGC and the AP State Government. SPMVV was founded in the year 1983 by Sri N.T.Rama Rao, the then Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh, with a sincere desire to train women students as better builders of the Nation and teach leadership skills in all aspects of life. The university is imparting education exclusively for women in various disciplines to realize the founder’s dream vision of facilitating and promoting the cause of women’s education.
Below are the course details:
|COURSES:||DURATION: Total Duration: 4 years|
For Advanced Diploma - 48 credits (Theory) and 48 credits (Practicals/skill) with a maximum of 12 Credits (Theory) and 12 credits (Practicals/Skill) per year.
TEACHING / TRAINING HOURS:
Students are expected to have two hours of theory and two hours of practicals per week.
- After completing one year of the Diploma Course, i.e., after passing level I, the student will be given a Diploma in Introductory Music (Vocal) or Dance (Kuchipudi and/or Bharatanatyam).
- After completing two years of the Diploma Course, i.e., after passing Level I & Il, the student will be given a Diploma in Music (Carnatic Vocal) or Dance (Kuchipudi and/or Bharatanatyam).
- After completing the four-year Advanced Diploma Course, i.e., after passing Diploma Levels Ill and IV, the student will be given an Advanced Diploma in Music (Vocal or Instrumental) or Dance (Kuchipudi or Bharatanatyam).
In case a student leaves the course.
Students who have left the course after level 1 and level 2 are free to enroll back into the next level when convenient to them. They will be awarded the respective certificates based on the level of completion of the course.
- Admissions are open to women candidates only.
- Classes for any of the courses could be taken by any student with any teacher as long as they follow the prescribed syllabus of SPMVV.
- Students should get approval from their teacher before enrolling in the course.
- The minimum age at the time of admission should be ten years. There is no upper age limit for the Music or Dance courses.
- The admission Fee is $350 for each course and level, which includes $300 for admission/course material and $50 for the exam.
- After the teacher’s approval, students can enroll online through the registration link on this page within the due date. TANA will maintain all the details and coordinate with the SPMVV Department of Music and Dance and with the Examination section to conduct the examinations.
- After registration, students will receive course material.
- TANA will conduct examinations at the end of each year, while the SPMVV faculty will facilitate the process by setting the question papers for each level.
- The list of examiners will be selected based on their qualifications by the Board of Studies of Music and Dance of SPMVV.
- The faculty of SPMVV will conduct the final exams, including the practical examinations, at the end of the fourth year.
- The minimum percentage of marks to pass a course is 40%
- Candidates who secure 70% or more marks in aggregate will be declared as passing with “Distinction” (O grade)
We strongly believe that the structured learning of Kalasala will support you in your journey of enriching your skills and passion for dance/music.
Feel free to reach out to us if you have any further questions about the program. We look forward to working with you.
Anjaiah Chowdary Lavu
North West (Portland)
Chair,North West (Portland)
North West (Seattle)
Chair,North West (Seattle)
Naga Durga Prasad Chettibaktuni
702 683 1295
Venkeswara Rao Gadde